Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #1628 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I think the final design is way more visually appealing than the earlier design you posted. The initial design looks like "generic 3D video game" to me, while the finished version of Wind Waker has a style that I find quite unique.
Agreed, that's why people who hate on cell shaded graphics can go screw themselves.

Sometimes "realistic" isn't better, and The Wind Waker is the best looking Zelda aesthetically, the characters are so expressive and everything animates beautifully, and the designs for everything from the characters to the environments are really inspired and unique. I hope that we'll get another cel shaded Zelda for a home console eventually.

As for OOT vs MM, I'll take the former, partly because I grew up with it and havent played MM until recently.

Despite their similaries, they're quite different, it always seems like whatever one game lacks, the other one has, so they compliment each other beautifully.

OOT has more dungeons and a more fleshed out story campaign, MM has a more original story, more inspired visuals and more sidequests. Gameplay is about equal, MM is just a bit more out there and thus not for all tastes.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote