Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #1632 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
Link's on a boat!

But seriously: fun game. Sure it's cute, but that doesn't stop it from being good.
The one Zelda game that always brings me back is Link's Awakening for gameboy. Yeah, it was for gameboy, but it was my first Zelda.

It's kinda like your first album: it may suck, but it's still your first album.

This is kinda off topic(ish) but does anyone play the Elder Scrolls games? Oblivion has gotta be the greatest thing I've ever played. Pure beauty.
What's wrong with being cute? Many of my favorite games fall into that category.

Today we have all kinds of games that try to be "badass" and Nintendo wanted to do something different with the series, if the Wind Waker was all "badass" it wouldn't have standed out as much visually. Besides, WW isn't really any more cutesy than the original or LTTP or Link's Awakening, it's more like a return to form than anything.

Anyone who is gonna turn down a game just for looking cutesy is an idiot. A lot of Nintendo games are cutesy looking but are also very inspired and interesting in the visual department, Super Mario Galaxy looked great, so did Wind Waker. I also prefer older video games not just for the gameplay but aesthetically 8 and 16 bit graphics have a lot of charm and appeal to me, and the music was better too.

Also, Link's Awakening by no means sucks, it's still one of the strongest and most underappreciated games in the series. Great gameplay and a sense of humor.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-10-2010 at 10:32 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote