Music Banter - View Single Post - Dr. Dre Vs. Ice Cube Vs. Eazy-E
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #88 (permalink)
MAStudent
Music Addict

Since the topic is:

Dr. Dre Vs. Ice Cube Vs. Eazy-E
without any qualifications, I will probably agere with most people here and explain.

Dr Dre: Vocally, he is terrible. His tone and delivery aren't catchy, he rhymes awkwardly, and his words seem stiff.
If "gansta" matters, since I guess it is gansta rap, what he had to do to get away from Eazy E and to get away from Suge Knight were pretty raw.
As a producer and as a business man, he is a ****in Icon. He has created some of the best rap beats and music ever. Period.

Easy E: Vocally, he is awesome. His voice made girls cream in their pants. He didn't do many vocal gymnastics like Eminem, E40, or Busta Rhymes, but he had a comfortable smooth delivery.
"Eazy E were ya ever caught slippin?
Hell Nah"
And he definitely put together an Empire also. Executive Producing Icon.

Most and then least favorite: Ice Cube.
Lyrically and vocally up there with the best. For a pudgy guy with a scowl, he wrote the lyrics to some songs that invented an era, changed music forever, and put other guys like Young MC and MC Hammer out of business.

"She's a straggler, struggler
Straight salami smuggler.
Every time I see the bitch
She's gettin uglier.
Last night she sucked my ****, now she's kissin little man.
Why'on't he suck my **** and lets cut out the middle man?"

"There he saw a lady that lived in a shoe
sold dope out the front
by the back marijuana grew
For a man that was really important
That lived up the street in a Air Jordan..."
etc

Amerikka's most wanted was awesome.

I stopped liking Ice Cube when he started saying he wanted to kill Sam. I was like, wait, I'm Sam. Guess I'll spend my $17 on something else Mr Cube.

Even still, I liked "You can do it put your back into it"
MAStudent is offline   Reply With Quote