Music Banter - View Single Post - Invisible Design – A Reflection on the music of Bill Laswell
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Default Invisible Design – A Reflection on the music of Bill Laswell

I’ve mentioned around the place my complete adoration for the genius that is Bill Laswell. His ability to captivate me across his boundless exploration of genre (Ranging from rock to rap to dub to funk to world music to jazz to metal to avant-garde) more often than not leaves me breathless. Here I intend to go over many albums with the ‘Laswellian’ touch. He doesn’t need to be the primary name on the front of the album, and some of his production and back up albums will also be on show here hopefully.

Of course, with such a vast output, it would be the death of me to attempt to go through every single one, so I am going to start with some choice cuts and go from there and see how far I get. Not all of his stuff is pure gold as it might be with Dead Can Dance for example, but that comes with the territory of being involved in so many projects. I don’t plan on being chronological either.

So without further ado…

(BTW yes I did merge that General Music thread into my journal. Felt two projects at once would be asking a tad too much of myself)
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote