Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #1642 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

The pig guys are called moblins. The enemies indeed look great, the bosses especially. I also like those big peahats (aka the big hellicopter plant things) with the creepy clown faces, they still scare the crap out of me. The game has a great use of color, it's fun to just look at how things are shaded different depending on the time of day, and I love all the things that go on in the ocean, day to night transitions, wind and clouds, storms.

Anyway, the Zelda games are marketed to a wide demographic that ranges from children to adults, that has been the case ever since the first game. Still, Nintendo did go for a darker look with TP and the upcoming Wii game will follow suit, so I don't see why Matious is complaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
It's hard to describe the aesthetic of original when it was limited to like 8 pixels on screen.

I actually prefer a darker zelda. The twilight world was pretty cool in TP. And i loved how trippy Majora's Mask was.

I didn't really like the enemies in Wind Waker. Also a lot of the series standard characters (Gorons, Zora's etc) were replaced with less-cool looking people.

I did like how Wind Waker gave Ganandorf a little more backstory and motivation for why he's so evil.

I think they should make a remake of ALTTP, with new graphics.
Wind Waker actually is rather dark in places, the story has a post appocaylptic setting basically. And the game ends with Link stabbing Ganon in the f*cking head, how much more hardcore can you get without getting a T rating?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-11-2010 at 08:40 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote