Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #361 (permalink)
OctaneHugo
Goes back & does it again

A couple of days ago, in a futile attempt at getting my computer mic to work, I downloaded a driver from the thing's website. After installing, my mic was still broken and it had raped my computer's sound - it said no speakers were connected, etc. So I uninstalled it, but now my speakers are really, really quiet and every program has it's own volume slider.

Before this, I'd have my sound on "5", and that was plenty. Now I need to have it on "15" to even hear anything, and every single program's volume needs to be controlled individually. So while before I could click the speaker icon in my tray, set it to "5" and be done with it, I need to click the icon, set it to 15, then open up the "Mixer" and change all the different programs. I can use my keyboard's sound control to turn the computer's general volume down (so no windows noises play - but I turned them all off to begin with) but my browser still makes noise, a game I'm playing, etc. No effect is had on other programs.

I had a poke around the settings but couldn't find anything, and a Google search yielded nothing similar. Any ideas? It's incredibly frustrating and makes using my computer a hassle.

If Any Major Dude Has Yet To Tell You, Click Here
OctaneHugo is offline   Reply With Quote