Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicians that weren't cut out for fame.
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Highwayman
Thinkforyourself.

John idolized Elvis, but was always more of a poet than Paul if you ask me (though paul was quite poetic). Paul was always more of the business man. Paul loved the limelight, touring, the fans, and all that came with it. John hated it. You can hear it in his voice and in his humor in interviews. The only thing that really kept the band together was Brian Epstein. his death was the beginning of the end.

Yoko and New York were good for john. in the end, I think he figured out how to handle it all and i think he was happy (being a "housewife" and stuff). but living with all the crazed, chaotic fame that came with the beatles was just too much for him. Look at pictures from his time in the late sixties and early seventies and compare it to pictures of him in the late seventies. it's a shame, once his life started getting good, it was taken from him.

and, Neapolitan, great call with Syd Barrett! He totally slipped my mind! (i'd also throw out michael jackson, townes van zandt, and maybe elliott smith. though his girlfriend totally killed him).

Soft silly music is meaningful, magical. - NMH
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote