Music Banter - View Single Post - Foobar2000 - Support and Discussions
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 02:26 AM   #88 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Like noise, I definetly prefer external files for cover display. My own foobar downloads cover art for me which is very useful, but I don't know how I'd go about getting that to work with embedded art.

Anyways, looking at the problem, the first thing that strikes me is that it looks like a problem with aspect ratio and background colour in the panel that shows album art. Can you right click and get properties up? See if you can change the background colour to the dark grey which is used in the rest of your skin.

As noise said, there's a hierarchy and so have you checked if this is a problem that happens when an album doesn't have embedded art? If so, it could move on to the next thing, external art.

Anyways, fixing the script according to the hydrogenaudio forum shouldn't be too hard, but it's tough to do from here where I can't see it. The person refers to two panels. PSS is the Panel Stack Splitter, a panel which holds other panels inside it - such as the album art display panel. The other is the ELPlaylist which is highly scriptable. If you can get into the config areas for these two, you should be able to find the bits of script they suggest changing.

Still, I would think that the white/grey colour is either a background color issue in the panel or that the white and grey is part of the folder.jpg. The easiest fix then is to download new folder.jpgs or set the background colour in the art display panel right!