Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #5178 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
One of my cats just died. She was probably the most loving cat I've ever seen. The most irreplaceable pet I've ever had.

Her name was Zoey.
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Losing pets can be terribly traumatic. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I'm tired.
I've been having trouble sleeping at the right times or sometimes at all for weeks now.
I'm getting lots of headaches, probably for this reason.
I have a job where I get no hours, so have actually worked out financally worse off for it.
I have no income at present. Absolute zero.
My nana is in hospital with dementa and alzheimer's and is looking as though she's is going to end up in a home as shes getting worse every day.
My laptop is screwed. I can open Firefox and iTunes but nothing else responds.

So i'm pretty much just fed up.
Here's hoping some good news comes your way soon...and some zzzz's. Chin up mistah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Americans do that a lot, but in our defense it's not like the rest of the world is immune from it. Try being an American abroad from 2000-2008...nonstop Bush comments. As if we all voted for him.

That and any time a non-US related topic came up, they would stop and ask me if I knew what they were talking about. As if all Americans are ignorant rednecks. I was considering just telling people I was Canadian.

So, enjoy that all you guys get is stuff about your accents. I wish I had that...
It's worse when you're from Texas. Even Canadians (the few I've talked to in person anyway) think we all wear cowboy hats and ride horses to work. And the accent (even if it's not a heavy drawl) provides hours of entertainment...."Say 'y'all'!" "Say 'howdy'!" "Is everything really bigger in Texas?"