Music Banter - View Single Post - 101 Albums That May Not Change Your Life But I Really Like and You Might Too
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Funny you should mention that song because it was the same song that put The Flaming Lips on my radar. It was after I graduated high school and was at some shitty after party where some guys I use to know by association had hijacked a bedroom, plugged in an iPod and were listening to Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots and taking bong hits. That was actually the same night I discovered Ween when they threw on "Mutilated Lips" off their '97 album The Mollusk. Probably one of the only worth wild high school parties I went to, nobody got into a fight, neighbors didn't call the cops, and nobody died or killed someone while driving home.

I'm happy with the way this thread is progressing, but I need to motivate myself to update it more frequently. I was hoping to be up to the mid 80's by now, but considering most people never even finish these I shouldn't complain too much.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, if more people commented on them then perhaps I'd have more incentive to update it
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote