Music Banter - View Single Post - Record Store Day April 17, 2010
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Physical copies already are generally expensive and have been for a long time. If you're given the option to pay $18 for a CD where the band only sees maybe a dollar with the rest being split between the distributor and the record label to recoup the cost of recording the album versus doing a Google search and finding it for free, what would you do?
Call me old fashion but I would buy the CD, I guess. My local Used Record store got shut down from strong arm tactics of RIAA lawyers, the owner closed up shop on his own to avoid legal action. I knew the owner, he had an amazing knowledge of music. In defense of my friend, he never made a copy of regular albums, but only provided hard-to-find & unreleasable material. He was dimed out by a stool pigeon who was busted by RIAA landsharks, he squealed like a pig "why me?" and then proceeded to give them a list of other stores around the city that sold bootlegs too.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote