Music Banter - View Single Post - Invisible Design – A Reflection on the music of Bill Laswell
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
As it happens I've only just started to scratch the surface of jazz this last week or so. It's the archaic stuff and worlds away from this stuff (and, I'd imagine, what's to come), but it's something I'm more willing to investigate these days (in the sense that scrounging the web for free MP3s can be called an investigation).

Gotta say I was feeling the Arcana track a bit more, in particular that airy, psychedelic feel you were talking about. Sounds like a pretty intriguing album of contrasts, so I can officially consider that album on my to do list. I liked the Last Exit one too but, as I say, the lighter feel of the Arcana one appealed to me more over the rougher edges of the latter tune. I'll probably end up hunting the album down all the same, as I can see both of them being good company for a sober night in. At least that's what I got from both of them.

Good start to this thread anyway. Keep up the good work eh.
You might enjoy this.

Either way, flew through these posts as I have talked about em before, and will probably be posting the next few a bit more sporadically.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote