Music Banter - View Single Post - Finally, someone does an ABX comparison of modelling amps vs the real thing!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Daktari
Music Addict

Location: Originally from Lancashire, England, lived near Largs, Scotland and now live in Rocky Face, Georgia

Hi there,

I have a definate split between live and recording in this case. Recently, when recording guitar I am happy to use the sounds available in my little Boss BR600. It can even make my nylon string classical sound like a Greek bouzouki and it's all there, ready to use with just a little tweaking.

When I play out live, I'm happy with the edited sounds on my Digitech modelling pedal. I have used around thirty of the 99 available user patches. Mind you, I'm not a perfectionist and as long as it sounds pretty dam good, I'm happy. I'm not bothered about excellent or anything that brilliant.

That is except for one sound that I need my old amp for. My trusty JC 120. The amp is there to use so I use it and I love that sound, nothing else quite captures it although the effect in the Boss recorder does get pretty close to the original.

Gordon.
Daktari is offline   Reply With Quote