Music Banter - View Single Post - The Quiet Man in the Corner
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #48 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Modern Classical/Ambient:

Le Lendemain - Fires
Label : Home Normal
Release : October 23rd, 2009
Songs: Fiore, Petrichor, Linden, Att Andas, Narbonne, Lois, Paus, Le Fleuve, & Even With Eyes Closed

If there was ever a soundtrack for a rainy day, I'd think this would have to be it. The whole album from beginning to end exudes a sense of longing and personality; it's like you're in the room where it was produced. I couldn't imagine playing this loudly as it seems to me like one of those albums you reach for on a quiet day. Le Lendemain is a duo comprised of Library Tapes' David Wenngren and Danny Norbury of The Boats. It's style is much like that of Library Tapes' older material like Höstluft; quiet and minimal. The songs vary in feeling from that of non emotional, ambient, and dulcet tone like Att Andas to tracks like Lois which seem fitting for a dirge. There's not much brightness or cheeriness about Fires but it never comes across as melodramatic or contrived. I'd say this ranks in the top 3 modern classical albums that I've ever listened to. Alas, there's no tracks on YouTube so if anyone wants a link, send me a PM or a comment 9+/10

Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 04-15-2010 at 09:39 PM.
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote