Music Banter - View Single Post - Connection problem with bass & amp?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Default Connection problem with bass & amp?

I've got a problem with my bass and amp and I'm not sure if it's the amp that is playing up or the actual bass.

Basically, I'm having connection problems, pretty much like when your guitar lead dies and the connection between the instrument and the amp is all crackled and cuts out or sometimes doesn't work at all. At first I thought it was that all my leads had died, so I bought a bunch of new leads but then realised they are not the problem.

I think it may be the amplifier because when I fiddle with the input at the amp's end it tends to crackle and cut out. It's a very shitty beginners amp, low watts etc. But then talking to one of my mates they said it could be the bass.

Is there any way how I could find this out or go about fixing this? I'm hoping it is the amp that is stuffed because I want to purchase a new, better amplifier but I don't want to go and buy a new one if it is in fact the bass that is playing up.

If anyone can offer any tips or advice it would be great because I am totally hopeless when it comes to instrument equipment and technological problems... thanks so much.