Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #370 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneHugo View Post
It was more just a last ditch effort to get the thing working since I'm lazy and poor and don't feel like buying a new one. It's just some ****ty $20 thing I bought 2 years ago, for games and Skype and garbage.

Can't figure out what the hell drivers to download since I can't figure out what my sound card is. :/ Tried a number of methods now.
Then I'm assuming you have an onboard sound card.
What kind of computer is it? (Manufacturer, model, desktop/laptop)
I can find out what you have in the computer, or you can, either way. The info will be available on the manufacturer website or any other website selling the specific computer.

Once you have the sound card manufacturer and model, you can then go to the manufacturer website's support section and download the latest driver for that model.

As far as your microphone... since it's a standard mic for PC use, it's not going to require any special drivers. Your mic problem was a result of either incorrect audio settings or your physical microphone jack isn't functioning, or the microphone itself is broken. Once you get your sound card driver installed, verify that your microphone channel is not muted and is turned all the way up and that it's plugged into the correct port on your computer. If those settings are correct and your audio settings in-game and on Skype are correct, your mic should work barring any physically broken components.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote