Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #1655 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
I'd agree with the sentiment that it's the best buggy game game to be released. Until I patched it, I couldn't even get past the tutorial at the start.

My impression was that ranged weapons were underpowered until about halfway through the game and became quite OP thereafter. I played a Toreador and towards the end I was using the Steyr Aug with 11 points in ranged and nothing could touch me... I don't think I took any damage at all while clearing out the Sabbat and bosses went down pretty quickly.

I agree it's quite replayable since missions can be completed in multiple ways and I'd like to play it again using a stealth/melee Malkavian sometime. I liked the dialog/atmosphere in the game... and the herbal remedies / weapons dealer in Chinatown was hilarious.
I haven't tried playing a Toreador yet... I'm pretty biased against that entire clan in general, but they do apparently have some interesting perks. Last time I played Bloodlines though I was playing as a Gangrel and maxed out my Protean discipline so I turned into this giant bat like thing and just annihilated people. My firearms skill was high enough and I replaced all my starting guns with higher powered ones after the Hollywood/ Chinatown missions so the raid on the Sabbath hideout went pretty smoothly. Even the boss fight against the Tzimisce was relatively easy.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote