Music Banter - View Single Post - Music tastes
Thread: Music tastes
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

I know that I always enjoyed the music that my parents listen to. REM being what I enjoy the most. I've gone so far as collecting bootlegs of rare performances (especially shows played in Toronto clubs that don't exist anymore). I've also developed my own tastes based on what my friends have been listening to over the years. Some mainstream and a lot of indie. I try and go to clubs to see local (or fairly local) bands and artists perform. The music is usually always new, original and raw. I love the live sound of an indie band.

I've spent the last few years listening to indie stuff. Because of my searches for REM rarities, I've discovered a lot of the other bands from the Athens, GA area, like the dB's (who were playing the same clubs at the same time as REM), and the bands that came a little later like Neutral Milk Hotel.

However, I've been rediscovering all the mainstream stuff that played on the radio when I was a kid. The best gift I ever got when I was a kid was a little portable walkman/radio that I carried everywhere. All the late 90's mainstream stuff brings back a lot of good memories!
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote