Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest American Comedians
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

You need to realise that Carlin's stance isn't as simplistic as you think.

He's actually ranted a lot about how we are messing the planet up, all he's arguing is that we can't really destroy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
I want you to save this and look at it 20 years from now so you can understand how ridiculous it sounds, and how well you're making my point.

You're a fiery young lad, Boobs. And you're looking for someone who carries the same banner. The idea that I lost you at laughing at Dane Cook proves my point. I don't understand why so many people don't realize when you don't take risks, and you don't take position people disagree with, no one trusts the rest of your opinions. If you're nailing every talking point, you're suspect.

Hicks and Carlin also talk about drugs, rock n' roll, and at one point - rape.

To cite a Carlin like "Rape can be funny, no really it can, think about Elmer Fudd raping Porkey Pig"

Thats funny? Where the truth in that? Its another full-frontal assault on the left-leaning language police, and of all the things it is, the least of which is "funny."

And cut the bull**** with the spin. I never said religion shouldn't be discussed, I said I can't imagine why folks like you want to - unprovoked - attack religious people because of 4 idiot televangelists.
Your argument makes absolutely no f*cking sense.

You're seriously telling me Hicks and Carlin didn't take risks with their statements? They pissed people off all the damn time, especially Hicks who did his early shows in the south. They weren't just partial to any one side, they attacked everyone and everything.

Not to mention you contradict your own statement by saying some of their statements offend you. You do this all the time and it always makes your arguments incredibly incoherent.

And I really hate your condescending attitude, it's one reason I hate arguing with you. There's more to religious issues than f*cking televangelists. But FYI these measily televangelists like Robertson, Falwell and Roberts are worth millions of dollars and own their own private universities with several thousand students enrolled which scares the sh*t out of me.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote