Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Porcupine Tree Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #217 (permalink)
Petula07
♫ Music 'n' Sun ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrguy View Post
Petula, do you have the LbS 5.1 DVD?
Unfortunatelly not. I have only some CDs from our czech CD shop and they still don't have this one... Maybe later (when I will have more money), I will order it from online shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrguy View Post
I didn't think Opeth was before PT? I don't like Opeth...
Hehe, it's long story. S. Wilson was fan of Opeth and singer of Opeth was fan of Porcupine Tree Than somehow they got a contact to each other and they started to work together and probably they are friends.
I don't know exactly the date when these bands had start but first album of Porcupine Tree is from 1991 and first album of Opeth from 1995. But they knew about each other later, I guess around 1996.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
Awesome! Thanks! I will check those albums out when I get a chance and try to report back. haha!
In my book, saying a band is incomparable is the best possible answer. I really hate categorization, which is why when I hear someone mention prog, i'm immediately interested, cuz ideally, it should be unlike anything I've ever heard.
So I am waiting for your report about these two albums
Which prog bands do you like?
Porcupine Tree doesn't have exactly progressive rock sound but if you hate categorization, you really should try them as soon as possible. But all picture who they are you won't have from two albums, for this you need all discography
For me this band is very special - their music is big mixture of everything what I like. So to find them was for me like to find an eight wonder of the world