Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #1660 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I don't always have the patience for the social role-playing aspect of the game and the Toreador and Ventrue almost always play a more social role. In every game I've played I've always been the tank and the one who dies last, which is ironic because in every session I've ever played I've always come up against some kind of action sequence which either results in me slaughtering everyone or just barely crawling away. Only time I ever died first was in my first game where I totally overestimated the strength of a Garou and totally got my head ripped off. This is why I prefer more of the fighting classes for the Camarilla clans, but Lambrosa and Ravnos are not to be overlooked either.

I love role-playing games.
fair, we only played a handful of single shot games during downtime back in college in the late 90s. i enjoyed playing a Toreador because i could get away with making sarcastic comments about the other players actions and still be 'totally in character' hahaha. so all this extra fluff about the various houses and clans is just WAY over my head. i was more of a D&D nerd.

as for the social vs. mathematical aspect of PnP games i tend to prefer dice rolling as well, although i'm great at BS-ing too but you need a really good GM to be able to properly balance things within a group, seems to me you're more likely to roll a natural 20 with 2d6 than end up in a group with one of those. wouldn't mind trying to get into a paper group again someday though i always wanted to get a good Shadowrun campaign going but could never create a plot hook big enough to keep interest back in the day.

going back to digital games - anyone have an opinion on the recently announced 2K reboot of the X-Com games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote