Music Banter - View Single Post - Aussie Hip Hop
Thread: Aussie Hip Hop
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitonica View Post
Bliss N Eso were the next guys I was going to cover, I've been really getting into Flying Colours lately. The hook on Bullet and a Target is so anthemic it makes my ears bleed. Lyrically they can be hit or miss, the sincerity they deliver

So on a rainy day I made my way
to the promised land and back
And now its safe to say in a crazy way
this song is where its at

is hilarious - but when they're just talking shit they can make me laugh. More than anything they remind me of two average aussie blokes who just love music. Which is one great thing about the Australian scene, none of the artists are painting themselves as elitists.

Haha, I am a hater up until the fourth beer or so.
Agree with you about the lyrics comment, but like you said they've got a nice, relaxed and carefree feel about them which is also one of the reasons why I love Australian music so much.

I am definitely a hater of that song as well until I have a few drinks in me. I think it's an amusing/fun song per se but man am I sick of it! Suffered some overkill, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitonica View Post
Can I ask what you are doing in New Zealand?
Studying I've got family in NZ, so I decided to complete my graduate diploma at UoA because it's cheaper and I pretty much love it here.

Last edited by Astronomer; 04-16-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote