Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Meat Really Murder?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:09 AM   #342 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

I personally think Vegan's are ****ed in the head. More power to them, I'm glad you're happy I just think your cognitive abilitys are severly in jeopardy. We've got in our office, I call her egg plant, and we've made a ritual of her telling me what non-vegan food she tried to eat at some function that made her feel like she had appendicitis; an egg, wine, yogurt.

These are of course coupled with an argument from me to the effect of "don't you think that is going to hurt when, say, you're on a road trip or you've have to jump to safety from a plummeting airplane?" I'm hoenstly shocked the Vegan's haven't found a way to preach against air travel yet.

To clarify a point, I'm not a "meat is wonderful, lets make jokes about how eating steak makes me a man" type person, I think Vegetarianism makes sense and is better for the enviornment than driving a hybrid car. I think its also one of the smartest economic choices going. But I still think Veganism is part in parcel with this evangelical fury because, as is always the case, they've found "the truth" and we're all just too dense to see the world for what it is.

For many reasons, I buy local, and when I buy meat, I buy it from Whole Foods because they've at least got standards are are looking to drive toward helping the little guy, and keeping things local. If you don't like the system, as Conan has said previously, I can understand that, I just don't see how it translates to not opting into a decent, healthy system.