Music Banter - View Single Post - The Profession-al Argument
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
gogojessicat
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
If you don't know what you want to do with your life, get out of school while you still can. Wasting your and your parents' money in an effort to pursue a meaningless piece of paper is hardly a credit to yourself. It's fine not knowing what you want to do with your life, it's not fine wasting an education going in the wrong direction. By my estimate some 60% of the kids in college shouldn't be where they are, mostly because they have ulterior motives in attending
Though I agree with you on some points -- I have to say -- education is never a waste. and today a bachelors degree is pretty darn important.

my advice would be get a degree that is useful for a career and that way you can at least be making money after graduation while you try to figure out what it is you want to do. I know there is a lot of pressure to pick the right major, but it doesn't matter that much. I think the internships you do are more important because a) you figure out a little more about what careers you do and don't like and b) you build up that resume. don't worry so much about the major -- but i'd say stick to English - its one of the most versatile majors.. but my opinion is biased 'cause I'm an English major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Growing up has its downs.
this is so poetic. and tragic.

for a minute there I lost myself.

Last.fm
gogojessicat is offline   Reply With Quote