Music Banter - View Single Post - Bigotry on the internet
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I experience prejudicial things here at MB, words like "trailor trash" and "ignorant rednecks" are bandied about, and there is a certain anti-Christian here sediment too, that bother me slightly. I think maybe they meet people in their lives that made them mad, and are venting there fustration, and I think to myslef 'don't take it personal' it's really about something that happened in their life. I've been called every name in the book in real life and heard almost everything there is to hear about religion, I try my best not to let it phase me, all I care about is how I can be positive in the situation and not retaliate. I keep repeating to myself 'that is how they want to act.' It's not me and I'm that pejorative - whatever they called me. Grace under pressure. What's more important is how I talk. I often think about the Amish and Mennonite, how they are pacifist and commit themselves to non-violence, and I thought to myself what about a non-violent speech, not only being commited to nonresistence in action but also in words too. I know there are certain people here that just love the "F" bomb and they just carpet bomb MB with it in their posts. I believe in free speech, but there's a sort of violence and disrespect in constantly using that word, maybe there is a hidden anger inside the person who over uses it. I do my best not to use that f word.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote