Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Walt Disney Movie
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 08:22 AM   #146 (permalink)
ameebamee
Groupie

Disney is my favorite thing in life...

The Black Cauldron, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog, Pocahontas, Return to Oz, and Newsies are my absolute favorites, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khfreek
Fox and the Hound is great, but... maybe you should refresh your memory of Dumbo
What's wrong with Dumbo?!? It's even one of John Lasseter's favorites. Not that I think everything of him, but I mean, it's not like Dumbo is an unworthy movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off
Anything without a Phil Collins soundtrack.
The Tarzan soundtrack is AMAZING. I love Brother Bear, too, but the Tarzan one is a huge favorite of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahuuuta
what is better the lion king 1 or 2
Are you kidding? The original. The sequel is one of the better sequels, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete
the Lion King 2 1/2 which dealt with Simba's time as a cub being raised by the fat pig and the Meekrat.
It's The Lion King 1 1/2, actually...but I think in some other countries, it was The Lion King 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
I thought it was rather lazy to include the Sorcerer's Apprentice segment though, don't get me wrong, it's f*cking awesome. But still, just adding a segment from the original film is pretty cheap.
Walt's original concept for Fantasia was to change out some of the segments with newer segments, and always have it be in the theaters in different places. It was to be a huge moviegoing phenomenon...but then it didn't perform well financially. Fantasia 2000 was going to include a couple other segments from the original, but then eventually time-wise it didn't make sense, so they just left what many consider to be the most well-known segment of the original...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
In the 30s through the 50s a lot of the music was done by Frank Churchill and Oscar Wallace, who were geniuses.
It's Oliver Wallace...
ameebamee is offline   Reply With Quote