Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] April Bi-Monthly Comp : Weird & Bizarre!
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Bullet
Music Addict

Me and Buckethead- I discovered Buckethead through his work with Guns 'N Roses. One day, I was going WAY overboard at a music store and bought about 14 albums. Among them Monsters and Robots, because I wanted to see what Bucket sounded like solo.

Weird is The Shape V.S Buckethead- The song tries to tell a story, almost like a radio show with sound effects and guitar shredding, only the story is NOT CLEAR AT ALL and half the voices sound like robots. Most of them ARE pretty altered, if not compleatly robotic. And the music- it sounds like it came out of a commercial for a horror movie. Then, the beats and disk-scratches try and give it a hip-hop flavor. It's horror-hop for godsake, if that's a genre. Or maybe it's horror-shread. "His Life was Livin'" many weird voices echo throughout the song. "I don't know what to do" a voice says. You know what? When I first heard this, I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to take the song. Lyrics sites call it "instrumental", and though it's very oriented around the guitar, the vocals are incredibly important at the same time. Can't describe it.
The Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote