Music Banter - View Single Post - Freebase Dali's Toxic Verbal Adventure (part 2)
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
VeggieLover
Music?! Lets boogie!

I take an unfortunitely long break from MB and the day I come back you have blessed us with this I hate to say it, but hurrah for drunkenness!
now onto the lyrics themselves.

They are quite fun to read outloud to a "hiphop beat," that much is for certain. I don't really understand the CTRL + dismay thing... which is definitely my own ignorance and not yours. The images are fleeting but powerful. I particularly like variation pattern of rhyme and consenence, it bumps up the power level considerably.

Really, that's what I get out of this... power. If I tood the time to really piece together the exact meaning of the words and phrases that you use in combination, lets face it, I'd probably get it wrong. But the emotion and strength of those phrases is undeniable.

I liked the lines "Think your way out of a skull crisis" and " Fuck a daily grind when you can live your life nightly" in particular. However, there wasn't a line or image or word that made these lyrics stand out any more than anything else you've written (that I've seen/heard) or some of the other lyrics of this type that I've read. They aren't exactly average, but they aren't anything mind blowing either. what the heck, blame my hip hop beat
"Not remotely! Because iocaine comes from Australia, as everyone knows. And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
VeggieLover is offline   Reply With Quote