Music Banter - View Single Post - It's been close to a year... Thoughts on Obama
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #51 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Sorry for not explaining better. I guess I'm not used to having to spell it out like that. Since I obviously do, look here. You wrote :

This is a statement where you say what sort of people make up the statistics. I reply to you with a question; how do you know that? You reply with "Because that's what unemployment is?". No, it's not.

Did you read Akira's post?

Here's the kind of insight I was hinting at. There are people who are not actively searching for jobs and who are still unemployed. In this country, they are likely to recieve benefits from the government. This makes them "freeloaders" and because they are registered in a system, they should be part of the unemployment statistic. This means that unemployment stats here do give some insight into how many "freeloaders" you have in the country.
That is a given, but when you calculate the unemployment percentage you do not include those people. Those people are considered out of the work force, not unemployed. Voluntary unemployment is not included in the unemployment rates. You don't need to "spell" anything out, you need to learn the definition of unemployment and how it is measured.

But I appreciate you spelling it out for me.

Last edited by IamAlejo; 04-18-2010 at 09:58 AM.
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote