Music Banter - View Single Post - It's been close to a year... Thoughts on Obama
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #60 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
It's the Fed Reserve's responsibility to control the money supply, not the banks. Not sure how you go about saying that it increases the national debt either.
If I have to explain how borrowing money from the Fed increases the national debt (they don't just give it out for circulation), then I'll have to remind myself to do it when I have time to type all of it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Forman View Post
Three words: Bush's third term.
Obama has been spending the first year undoing what Bush has done, so I don't see how that translates to likening it to Bush's third term. He is doing it a little slowly for my tastes, but I'm pretty sure nearly everything he has done so far would be the opposite of what Bush would have done. People seem to forget just how much power the US president actually has. He is not an all powerful monarch who can come in and reorganize our entire government by his sheer will. He has channels he has to go through, people he has to attempt to persuade, and national security to keep track of. The big fix won't come in one freaking year.