Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Green Day Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #1154 (permalink)
+81
Rats off to ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I feel like there's a difference. If you're interested in sports you play the video game and compete, if you're interested in playing music you play a real guitar. GH can get in the way of that if you don't have the motivation or whatever.
To me they're both just games. If you're interested in playing a real guitar I don't think a games really going to get in the way of that. Opinion, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
People who learn instruments aren't necessarily interesting in the instrument itself, they are just people who are listeners and they want to know HOW the sounds they're hearing are happening.. so they begin to learn. Some people might be curious in how the sounds they're hearing are happening, but not so curious they're willing to learn so GH offers a nice easy alternative.
You kind of make it sound like when I say interested, I'm talking about the mechanics of the instrument. If they're curious about how the sound is made they're still taking an interest in the instrument. Even so, I'm talking about the playing aspect not just 'investigating sound sources'.

Last edited by +81; 04-20-2010 at 02:22 AM.
+81 is offline   Reply With Quote