Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #1270 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdullah424 View Post
Unchained Ballad sent me...

Blind Mr. Jones - Stereo Musicale

I usually like to listen to an album twice to make sure I get a good feel of it before I post my thoughts on it but I have to send my laptop in for repairs so time constraints forced me to change that habit.

Thankfully Stereo Musicale is an album that only took me one listen to enjoy.

Stereo Musicale is an indie/shoegaze album that manages to stand out in a genre full of similar sounding artists. From the first song I was hooked and realized this was a band whose discography I would soon be working my way through. My favorite aspect of the album has to be the way they worked beautiful flute melodies into most of the tracks (I'm a sucker for the flute sometimes). Everything from the vocals to the instrumentation was spot on and every track was enjoyable, the standout track for me was Lonesome Boatman.

I highly recommend this album to anybody who enjoys indie or shoegaze and anybody who would love to give those genres a chance.

Thanks Unchained Ballad!

Glad you enjoyed it NumberNine. I also find myself to always be in the mood to listen to this album. It's just so easy on the ears.

Glad you enjoyed it Unchained Ballad. I've been downloading a lot of instrumental albums lately because listening to vocals when I study is too distracting and when I stumbled across Stavros Lantsias I was blown away and had to share it.
I'm thrilled you found that album to your liking, I discovered it relatively recently and it's something I really enjoy.

About Stavros Lantsias, monumental discovery on your part, and I'll definitely use it to accompany reading and studying.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote