Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #2557 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

This is actually something I have agree with tore on. You misunderstand about the anxiety. You won't mind being around your friends at all, but weed definitely produces paranoia, especially with first timers. Maybe it won't be you, but I guarantee you at least one person in your group will start flipping out. Or at the very least be really annoying because of it.

You really just get paranoid of being caught, and even though in your sober state you know there is no possibility of it, once the paranoia hits every sound becomes someone coming to catch you in the act. This paranoia can easily spread to the rest of the group. I guess the best advice I can give for this is have a way to play music...some awesome tunes to distract everyone are essential. Your brain gets so preoccupied with how awesome it sounds that you don't even worry about anything else. At least, that's how it has gone in my experience.

And if you do feel the freak out coming, just latch on to the music. Meditate to it. Make it your world and get lost in it. You can't go wrong.