Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex education in elementary school?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I think the idea of "abstinence only" education is stupid. It doesn't work. And I think the whole idea behind it is that educators are afraid to talk about sex, which is ridiculous. Sex is something that is necessary for survival, just like eating and sleeping. So why do they treat it like it's "wrong", etc?
agreed on all counts but i have a conspiracy theory about the 'abstinence only' method.

consider North American demographic trends. the population is getting older and less and less people are making babies to replace the geriatrics. in the states it's around 37 (in Canada it's 40). you know many 40 year olds just starting a family? never mind the increased health risks for women who wait until they're well into their 30s before having their first child.

so... what's the best way to counter act it? how do you get kids to act a certain way? by getting all the prim and proper members of society to encourage them to act like their stuffy selves?.... or to make it taboo. yeah don't do it. sex before marriage is bad. that's totally going to stop them, and i'm starting to think that's the actual point of the program... not to actually stop teen pregnancy, but to actually encourage procreation through ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote