Music Banter - View Single Post - Unschooling
Thread: Unschooling
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Please do it sounds exciting. What's first base holding hands or kissing? Kissing I think it would be more like a peck because if was French kissing I think that would be second base - right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Base system as in Base 2, Base 10 and Base 16?
If so, write away.
You...you want me to write?!? Hallaleuia and Glory Be!!!!! Now I can write *two* essays!

First, though, I looked up the name of the type of schooling I experienced in elementary school and that I'd recommend instead of Unschooling: THE OPEN CLASSROOM. Open classroom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And now, the ESSAYS:

For Freebase, a mini-essay on numerical base systems:

When I was in an open elementary school classroom in 1st grade, I learned that numbers can be expressed using different bases. This knowledge was very meaningful to me because I became aware that people had constructed much of what I took for granted in the world.

Since that time, I have always enjoyed tracing the development of concepts that seem immutable now but actually arose out of people's heads. Understanding the rudiments of the base systems for numbers made me see that there is not one way life can be. Rather, many possibilities exist and we shape and choose among them.

This realization made me feel powerful as a child. I have never lost the feeling that knowledge is power and I am far from impotent. The base systems for expressing numbers in different ways taught me that the first step in changing the world is to be able to imagine another one.

For Neapolitan, some information about Sexual Base Systems:.

Hopefully all Unschooled as well as Schooled children learn the following at some point in their educational careers: several Sexual Base Systems may exist.

I feel that first base includes all forms of kissing (including French kissing), and second base is using your hands to fondle everywhere else. Wikipedia seems to agree: Baseball metaphors for sex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note that CONTROVERSY simmers over the definition of THIRD base. According to Wikipedia, third base includes genital fondling, while according to the definitions below, genital fondling would be considered Second base.

Also note that these Sexual Base Systems would define hand holding as second base. Since this seems silly, I propose that hand holding be considered the run toward first base after you have managed to hit the ball.

Quote:
From http://www.discussanything.com/forum...p/t-1494.html:
(with slight corrections of spellings)

HOME PLATE - masturbation

FIRST BASE - kissing

SECOND BASE - touching (everywhere)

THIRD BASE - oral sex

HOME RUN - intercourse

GRANDSLAM - same as intercourse but she actually had an orgasm this time

other baseball terms:

BUNT - premature ejaculation

BALK - you thought you were going to get to another base but you didn't

WALK - sympathy base

RBI - you thought you were going to get a base but some one else got it instead

STRIKE OUT - you tried too hard and you never got past HOME PLATE

GROUNDER - if you run real fast s/he may not be able to stop you until after you get SECOND BASE

LINE-DRIVE - you're going for SECOND but you should have stayed at HOME PLATE

FLY BALL - you're going for whatever you can get but you might should have stayed at HOME PLATE
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote