Music Banter - View Single Post - Newbie Here
Thread: Newbie Here
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
snacklover
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Meh. Sort of. I used to follow the Leafs a lot a few years back when I had more time to watch games. I sort of became disinterested in watching them though. I started getting scores and highlights from the paper and the Internet. I was really hoping that a team would be brought to Hamilton, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Oh well, such is life.

So do you want to go to med school in Montreal? My uncle did a pre-med program at the undergraduate level at McGill and then he went on to the University of Montreal to get his MD.
Aw that's too bad. Haha actually I'm not that much of a Habs fan myself, the only time I actually get myself to watch the games is when they hit the playoffs. But even then, I've kind of lost the spirit, what with our entire new team and all. I'm barely following this current season.

I'm really hoping that I make it to Med-P (it's what they call their pre-med program at McGill) but at the rate my grades are going, I think I'll probably have to opt for the longer, alternative route through getting my B.Sc in Science first. I'll have to work my butt off if I ever wanna hope getting a Med-P interview. I met with my academic advisor just today, and she gave me some statistics about the admissions. Out of the 500ish people who apply, they interview about 145 of them, and pick about 80 from those. I still have 2 semesters to go though, so I suppose it's worth trying. The thing is that they ask for a hell of a lot. Not only do you have to have an outstanding R-score, but you gotta be a high-caliber student who's involved in all kinds of clubs and volunteering and whatnot.

Anyway we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
KawKaKawKaKawKaKaw!
Hahaha Gob the chicken for the win!
snacklover is offline   Reply With Quote