Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Eyed Peas
Thread: Black Eyed Peas
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 01:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

A new member recently posted about the Black Eyed Peas in a new thread (now closed), and coincidentally I was wanting to post about them, too...but my opinion is the opposite of that member's.

I don't care at all for the Black Eyed Peas songs I've heard. Partly I dislike the sound of many of their songs. I'm not a fan of dance songs and theirs sound very contrived to me.

Mostly, I dislike their music because I don't like the lyrics. The lyrics seem extremely simplistic to me. "I love you boo, I love you, too" or "Cause girl I want, I I I want you right now."

My current least favorite Black Eyed Peas lyrics: "I will fly, fly the skies for you and I. I will try until I die for you and I, for you and I, for you and I," from their song, "Meet Me Halfway." I never like it when people write "for you and I" (instead of the grammatically correct "for you and me") and use it in a rhyme scheme. Also, the song seems mushy, cliche, and exaggerated.

And then, as others mentioned here earlier, there is "My Humps" song...
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 04-22-2010 at 01:13 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote