Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 03:51 AM   #11205 (permalink)
valia
Groupie

Default These are the albums I bought recently

I recently found a compilation of songs which appears to be really interesting; it is called Man & A Machine II, (it exists also Man & A Machine I) and you can find a number of songs of the punk, alternative and indie culture of the past. Artists like Suicide, Cabaret Voltaire, PIL, Laurie Anderson, Yello, Talking Heads and more. Tell me what you think...

You could listen to Hifiklub, a french group that released last month their second album 'How to make friends', I find it amazing! It's rock, electro, pop and you can dance like crazy listening to their music. Check this out:

Have you ever heard of James Chance? He was one of the creators of the New York no wave scene, has collaborated with many artists like Lydia Lunch and Brian Eno; his new album entitled The Fix Is In is now out in a label called Le Son du Maquis which released some months ago the last record of A Certain Ratio. This album is a tribute to jazz and r'n'b so I think you should listen to it if you want to discover jazz music.
valia is offline   Reply With Quote