Music Banter - View Single Post - Camp fire music
Thread: Camp fire music
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Daktari
Music Addict

Location: Originally from Lancashire, England, lived near Largs, Scotland and now live in Rocky Face, Georgia

Not really a campfire but we have a fire pit at the back of the house and quite often we have what I would call musical drinking sessions.

Usually, two guitars, maybe acoustic bass, djembe drum, two cabassas, a tambourine and a whole bunch of lyrics. Sessions like this often fail because most folks know about the first two lines of a song and maybe the chorus. This don't work too well I've found.

Favourites are Akon - Nobody Wants To See Us Together, Bob Marley - Stir It Up. U2 - With or Without You, Bobby Mc Ferrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy and usually as the night goes on, - anything by Elvis. Oh, and the last one we had, my daughter visiting from England did a really bad version of Sweet Caroline as a reggae song, (I know, that's hard to imagine, ha, ha.).

I know, these are not musical get togethers but what I would call drunken fun times with a little home grown music thrown in.

Gordon. Oh and Black Magic Woman.... is a popular choice...

At least it beats pressing plastic buttons on a plastic guitar and pretending to be a rock star in front of a tv screen.
Daktari is offline   Reply With Quote