Music Banter - View Single Post - The Why Are/Is... thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
I am usually the one asking that question with regards to KoRn. By the time Follow the Leader was released nu metal had hit the mainstream and it sounded little different from your Linkin Parks/Limp Bizkits of the world. But their self-titled debut is what sets them apart. It was released in 1994 and has plenty of honest emotion on it, not to mention some decent musicianship. What Fieldy was doing with the loose strings on his bass is easily my favorite aspect of the group.

Well, at least we can all agree Limp Bizkit sucked balls. And they are the one I'm playing the most often recently...

edit: and I'm glad you didn't lump Deftones in with the rest. An honest to goodness solid band.

The funny thing about nu metal is that the two heavy bands I mainly find myself listening to, Primus and Tool, are like the primary influences on the genre. So I almost have to like some of it...
Judging from the last time Korn's debut was brought up, quite a few people here actually don't mind that one. So you are in good company as far as that goes.

But Limp Bizkit? For shame.

I thought they were cool when I was in middle school, wasn't quite sure what he meant by "nookie", but knew I had to have one.