Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello everybody
Thread: Hello everybody
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 04:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
dankrsta

I don't have the favorite film, but there are films that left significant impact on me when I watched them (like the ones I mentioned in that thread). I was always more of a music lover, and so the first albums that hit me hard remained my favorites for good. Maybe it's the nature of music, it hits directly to the feelings.

Anyway, Lynch and Polanski were always my favorites, Lynch ever since the Twin Peaks series. It's hard for me too choose my most loved films by them - but if I have too, it would be "Lost Highway" and "The Tenant".

I also love those poetic and extremely visual directors like Tarkovsky and Malick. My favorite Tarkovsky film for now is "Stalker", Malick's probably "Badlands". I also like Herzog from what I saw, but I didn't see enough. Bergman's style appeals to me, but I have too see more from him, too. Of course, how can I forget Kubrick and Hitchcok.

I'm also a fan of horror movies, especially those psychological. But, I have too say, it's the only genre where I have a pretty high tolerance for all kinds of stupid things. I guess that makes it a guilty pleasure.
dankrsta is offline   Reply With Quote