Music Banter - View Single Post - [RELEASE] April Bi-Monthly Comp : Weird & Bizarre!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:33 AM   #20 (permalink)
noise
thirsty ears

after lots of deliberation, i decided to stay away from agonizingly weird tracks, and instead to share some offbeat and unusual tracks that are still nice to listen to.

Space - Spiders
Space had a few 'hit' singles in the UK after the release of this, their debut album, in 1996. most notable is "female of the species". all tracks are equally quirky, though this one stands out. it's the last track on the album, but it's only available on the Japanese pressing, so it's kind of hard to find. i love the singer's voice here, it really makes the song. of course, the lyrics are wonderful as well!

Welle:Erdball - Ich Bin Aus Plastik (Oral)
Welle:Erdball is a German band that composes most of their bit-pop style music on a C64. this track is a "remix" of one such song, released as a b-side on a limited edition 7" pressed in bright pink vinyl (along with a great rendition of Kraftwerk's Der Roboter). it's the only beatbox electronic song i know of, and it's wonderfully wacky. the title means "i'm made out of plastic", but beyond that, i have no idea what the song is about

the original: