Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #3926 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
That's actually the reason it became my favorite album. The first half is some of the absolute best work Sonic Youth has ever done, and every time I wanted some SY I would remember those and stick on Goo. Being OCD about finishing an album start to finish, I of course had to listen to the second half as well. They grew on my like nothing else. You'll get there.

The second half is kind of like all of Daydream Nation for me. It took me a really long time to get into that album. I was always confused why everyone thought it was so good until one day it clicked.
I love it when that happens, you're listening to an album you don't get, but why? I think it's because deep down you're drawn to the music, even if you don't know why. And the day something clicks with an album is just brilliant. The day I clicked with Loveless was a fine day indeed.

I'm hoping I'll keep growing in to Sonic Youth, They aren't the most accessible band, I think it's cos of the singing or the lack of, sometimes it's just talking, which can be a bit irritating. I have an OCD of people delivered good lyrics in a good way.. But sometimes if the music is THAT good, I can be lenient to the singing after a while of getting used to it.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote