Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #3927 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I love it when that happens, you're listening to an album you don't get, but why? I think it's because deep down you're drawn to the music, even if you don't know why. And the day something clicks with an album is just brilliant. The day I clicked with Loveless was a fine day indeed.

I'm hoping I'll keep growing in to Sonic Youth, They aren't the most accessible band, I think it's cos of the singing or the lack of, sometimes it's just talking, which can be a bit irritating. I have an OCD of people delivered good lyrics in a good way.. But sometimes if the music is THAT good, I can be lenient to the singing after a while of getting used to it.
That's what I love about them. I have yet to meet someone who listened to something like Goo or Daydream Nation and just immediately loved it. It takes a bit of patience to kind of "understand" everything they are trying to do. If I meet someone who is a Sonic Youth fan, then I know we will probably get along musically. It says something about their love and understanding of music.