Music Banter - View Single Post - The problem of conformity
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
In context with a bunch of women shaving their heads to save the environment, I think that's a little misguided as to the effectiveness that will ever have... but it's obviously more of a statement and less of a "solution", which probably the wrong way to go about things.
Yeah, but if they're attractive and put their headshave videos up on youtube I won't complain.

This movement is gaining quite a following so I'm not gonna generalize about everyone involved with it.

Some of them do it to make the statement that hair is a symbol of superficial beauty and vanity. I have nothing against hair (I have a lot of it myself) but I can understand that point of view, because hair really does seem to play a big role in modern culture and women take it very f*cking seriously and the media constantly perpetuates the importance of hair as it's considered the ultimate symbol of femininity.

I'm attracted to women who sport the bald look for several reasons but confidence is the big one. I think the more attractive women who shave their heads do it at least in part because they have enough confidence in their sexual attractiveness that they don't need to rely on hair and consider it a veil or a distraction. In some circumstances I've seen women go from average looking to bombshells when sporting the look, it puts all the focus on the face.

Oh sh*t I'm blabbing on again (I should just make a bald chick thread and get it over with) but anyway, that's just my observation.

I do think declining from the use of hair products is an admirable thing and could have a positive effect if enough people do it, but by enough people I mean practically everybody, and that's not gonna happen so people need to think of more realistic solutions.

If people were to go all the way with this thing about not using products that harm the environment, they would have to stop using soap to bathe with or toothpaste for brushing or toilet paper to wipe their asses with, after a few years of not doing any of these things it would get pretty gross I would say. These things are actual necessities.

Though I guess the argument being made is that hair care isn't a necessity, that is true.

But again, people have had hair long before shampoo or hairspray were ever invented, back then they had other ways of maintaining it, like water. There's also natural hair care products made from hemp, coconut oil, etc that are environmentally friendly so there's other alternatives.

People have pointed this out on some videos from this site's youtube page, and some of these guys got pissy and went on about how "it doesn't matter, by keeping your hair you're giving others permission to use these products".

That is just moral imperialism at it's most ridiculous level, people don't need permission to use these products, they have the right to do whatever the f*ck they want. Do what you want to do but don't be a d*ck to me because I like my full head of hair.

Also some of the people from this website like to make really silly puns regarding hair products.

Shame-poo
CON-dictioner
Hair-DIE

Clever.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-23-2010 at 05:24 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote