Music Banter - View Single Post - Ariz. governor signs immigration enforcement bill
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Jane Devo View Post
Since you seem to hate the Arizona law so much Conan, could you explain to us what a better alternative is to solving the illegal immigration problem?
How about with a bill that doesn't condone racial profiling?

How about we work more with the Mexican Government about better protection on their side of the border? How about we make the process for people to reside in the US legally easier? Or we could focus our attention on helping Mexico improve as a nation, so people wouldn't be compelled to leave. It may take longer, but if we invested half the money we spend fighting a phony war-on-drugs into it then I don't see it being too far-fetched.

And when did I say I hated Arizona law? That doesn't even make sense. I don't hate Arizona as a state, nor do I have any feelings one way or the other about any other bills the state signs into law. Any state that signs a bill that says a police officer can pull me over based on his personal "suspicions", which can easily translate into profiling, I detest.

How'd you like to be a Mexican American in Arizona? They can arrest and charge you if you don't carry your immigration papers at all times. If we turn our police force into immigration officers, we loose the respect of the communities they try to protect. The communities become afraid of the police force and would refuse involvement in cases crucial to keeping the peace.

Gee, sounds like a great idea to me!

Last edited by someonecompletelyrandom; 04-23-2010 at 09:16 PM.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote