Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #2694 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Yeah, Owen Coyle really went down in my estimations when he left for Bolton. I mean, you'd expect him to show at least a bit more loyalty than that eh. And why on earth they picked Brian Laws as his replacement is beyond me (and just about everyone else too). As I say though, at the start of the season they looked like a really good little team, and I like seeing the underdogs do well in their first season back in the Prem (like Portsmouth, Ipswich, Hull, Reading and good old Wigan for example).

In an ideal world, yeah, West Ham and Blackburn for the drop. And while I might live here, I'd love for Bolton to go down just to see the looks on people's faces around here

And as you say, it'll be nice to have Newcastle back in the Prem. I'd love it if Blackpool made the playoffs and came up too - Ian Holloway's an absolute legend, and it'd be great to see him managing at the top level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I think that probably keeps Wigan up too. Dont they just need to Burnley to lose their game in hand?
Yup. And even if they win that, they've still gotta pick up 6 points from their last two fixtures. Pretty much and impossibility if you ask me.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote