Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #104 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Here is my small collection.

From left to right:
Crate 15W Practice Amp
Fender Frontman 2x12 Reverb

Big Muff Pie Fuzz Box
Danelectro Overdrive Pedal
Rocktrock Classic Wah

2007 Telecaster Thinline 69' Reissue
J. Reynolds Single Bass (Year Unknown)
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo Rustic Acoutic (Year Unknown)
2003? Samick Royale
Austin Piece of **** Beater Travel Guitar

----------------------

I have some other pedals/older getars that arnt pictured for lazy reasons but my setup goes somehting like this currently (always changing):

The Thinline Tele->Rocktron Wah->Danelectro Overdrive->Big Muff->Frontman 2x12

I never use the amp footswith or the dirty channel mainly because the amp sound absolutely amazing clean so all fuzz/distortion/effects are added before running through the clean channel. The amp actually has a spring reverb box so I dont feel the need for a reverb pedal. Soon ill probably get an orange Tiny Terror Head with a 4x12 Marshall Cab but for most of my playing I really enjoy this super reliable Fender 2x12 solid state. Sure it may not have that super pushed tone when being strained like a Blues or Reverb fender tube amp but instead its built like a rock is only 50 pounds and never has problems. I plan to keep this baby for a long time. People dont seem to realize the solid state in the year of 2010 has really come a long way and gives tubes a run for there money.

----------

Tis my new Thinline. Craftsmanship on this baby is incredible, I will no longer pre-judge any guitar coming out of the Mexico factory. Sounds great, looks great, and best of all the neck is extremely smooth and a perfect U shape like the '69 tele its modeled after. I am curious to try one of these guys made over in japan, and see if they have any differences in coil wind/tone. Im sure if you forked out a few thousand you could get a US one from the custom shop but personally I am no brand snob Hell, Tom Morello's main tele is one of the cheaper mim models from the mid 90's and that thing sounds epic.

-----------
The next project is to add a B5 bigsby on this baby!
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*

Last edited by Dr_Rez; 04-24-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote