Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #109 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I've got a cherry red standard. By far it is one of the sexiest guitars in existence, but I find myself picking up my strat far more often. The way the neck is shaped, for some reason, allows me to create these incredibly weird and unique chords. That then gets my creative juices flowing a lot more easily than with the SG. However, I absolutely love the SG's humbucking sound and it doesn't feel like you have a dead dear slung around your neck like other Gibsons (*cough* les paul *cough*), so if I hit a chord progression I really like and feel I need the extra bite I'll practice with the strat and move it to the SG.

In other words, that was a long way of saying that I'm a strat guy but I still love my SG and am very glad to have both guitars.
I am in agreement that a big part of the sg's draw is the weight. I am a big fan of Thinlines/Semi Hollow's though. That makes having a paul/tele styled guitar much easier on the shoulder. And then theres the Es-335 style which I pretty much only play sitting down (hail bb king)

Your lucky to have that Sg! Gogogog put a Bigsby on the bitch.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote