Music Banter - View Single Post - Newbie Here
Thread: Newbie Here
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
snacklover
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Right! I forgot about CEGEP. My mom did was enrolled in it for a year after she finished high school, way back when

I just finished my second year of university, so I'm back in Toronto for the next 4 months! I'm a music major, I play flute in school. It's hard work! I'd like to be a high school music teacher. Music is generally an elective class for most of high school, so it's not a class that students are forced to take. They might be more motivated because it's something they want to do. I don't really want to teach in Ontario though. Music and arts education is so poorly funded in this province. We'll see what happens though
Nice! Haha you know I played the trombone in the high school band for three years? Music classes were the best, although most people didn't have enough sense of humour to appreciate our teacher's sarcasm, he was like the artsy version of House :P But good luck with that, I'm sure you'll make an awesome music teacher!

But why do you want to teach in high school, why not in University or in a proper music school? I'm just curious because it seems to me that teaching kids (ok i'm young but mature enough for my age to refer to them as kids :P) would be a big hassle. Some of them can be a real pain in the derriere.
snacklover is offline   Reply With Quote